We have survived the twins for 3 years now or is it that the twins have survived all of us for 3 years?! hmmm. Either way, holy crap my babies are 3! I suppose when the other kids turned 3 I decided they were officially not babies anymore, but these guys are my babies and I think even when they leave on missions, graduate high school, get married and have their own babies, they will still be my babies.
The night before their birthdays I got out the stuff to decorate and Eli was so cute and wanted to help and immediately ran and put away Emma's DSI so he could decorate with me, he NEVER puts it away until he is told to. Eli even colored/scribbled a sign for them and put blue on there for Tyson and green on there for Tyler since those appear to be the boys favorite colors.
When they woke up the next morning Eli and Emma brought them out to a big pile of presents all wrapped up and they quickly dove in and started unwrapping.


While they were playing with their toys, I grabbed their birth certificates and headed off to Krispy Kreme for my 2 dozen free donuts and yes, we ate all 24 donuts but it did take us 24 hrs to do so :)


(We found Eli pouting in his room because he couldn't play with the twins new toys, ha ha!)

Next we were headed off to Basha pool to go and play. I hesitated doing this knowing that Tyson would love it, but Tyler would hate it and it was both of their special days. In the end Basha pool won because I couldn't come up with anything else to do. Eventually Tyler got brave and then went buck wild in the water with the other kids. We only stayed 2 hrs because even though it was 97 degrees outside for whatever reason the babies were shivering so we left.
They got their new beach toys and filled them up with water and played out front while Jared washed my car, then they had lunch and took a nap for just over 3 hours.


Finally we woke them up so we could head off to dinner. We went to Joe's Farm Grill and the boys ran around outside while we waited for our food, its the perfect place for our family to eat, they don't have to be totally quiet and still, everyone enjoys the fresh air and the food is pretty dang good too. We finally made it home at 9pm and put the boys to bed.

The next day the birthday celebration continued. Papa came over and brought the boys some presents and then later that night we ended up having the 2 grandmas over for dessert since grandpa was home sick. The boys played and played all night long. It was a great birthday weekend!

1 comment:
hmph... I guess Cade, Conner, and I are chop liver. Why didn't we get a shout out for coming over for the birthday desert and rolling down the hill?!
Post a Comment