Monday, April 26, 2010

"LISTEN TO THE COUNSEL OF YOUR WIFE!"

This is my new favorite saying. One time a Bishop came up to Jared thanking him for doing something and Jared explained how it was actually his wife who made him do it and then the Bishop said, "its always good to listen to the counsel of your wife!"

Recently Jared and I have been joking about that saying back and forth, but then one day we were getting ready to play games with the older 2 kids until it was time to get ready for church and we read and email reminding us of a sad day in our family history. I looked at Jared and basically said, "this is so sad, we have no choice, you must take Em and Eli and go visit them and take some of the cookies I just made." Then our conversation went like this:
"No, I am to tired right now, let's go after church."
"no, we are busy after church doing something"
"ok, then we can go tomorrow night for FHE"
"no, we are going to dinner tomorrow night...it really needs to be today, it won't mean anything if you go another day."
"please, I just need a little nap..."
"Jared, LISTEN TO THE COUNSEL OF YOUR WIFE, you need to go now please."
"Fine."

I should have used that phrase at the beginning of our conversation. That saying really is the final say in everything. They are very magical words when used at the right time. You must be careful when using this phrase, you can not waste it's goodness when asking for the dishes to be washed, your hair to be brushed or your back to be scratched. It must be used in a time of up-most importance, when you can tell that your husband really isn't going to budge and you are right and he is wrong :)

6 comments:

Danika said...

Maybe he should teach an EQ lesson on this topic! :)

Mrs. Buv said...

I wanna know what the family history is and what kind of cookies they were?? LOL no...seriously. :)

Kara said...

What a good boy. :)

jenny said...

Hmmmm..... I may be borrowing that phrase.

Jensen Family said...

we are always right! wise words we recieved in the temple after our sealing.. guy says to nate: "young man, just remember..its always yes ma'am, no matter what!"

taryn said...

i'll have to remember that phrase :)