Tuesday, April 20, 2010

AND THE WINNER IS....

Me, I mean Jared, oh wait I mean Brian.

Jared sent me an email from work the other day saying:

SUNSermania!

(his company) has 100 tickets to fill up all four suites above Section 117/118 at the Suns first play­off game April 17-19th (schedule to be announced). Each participant will receive one suite game ticket, custom Suns shirt, foam finger, and enough food and drink to kill your ability to dunk. Plans are to start off the evening early at 5 p.m. down court side while the players warm up, while we take pictures with the Suns Dancers and Gorilla. Prepare your game face for an Intel shout-out on the JumboTron during the game!

Here’s how to enter:

Register before April 12th (meaning by Sunday night) no exceptions. You are solely responsible for the data accuracy of your entry.

To increase your odds of selection, include a <50>

Upload supporting photo, news article or blog post proving your fanatical SUNS pride!


We are looking for cool creativity in your entries. Show us your super awesomeness. Think big! Be bold!


So we talked about him entering and he said, "no point, I never win anything anyways" and I let him know, I would do the work and get him the ticket.

It said you could show them a blog post, so I took it a step further and created a blog...see here http://jaredfantaticalsunsprideblog.blogspot.com. I have to say, I had quite a bit of fun with it and giggled the whole time I was doing it. So he entered it, waited until Monday and I had him check a couple of times and he never received an email so he thought once again, he lost.

As soon as he got to work on Tuesday morning there was an email congratulating him on his big win. He had won the ticket, and not only had he won the ticket but he made the top 10...top 10 out of several hundred entries, now he even got a free parking pass to go with his ticket. The closer it got to the weekend, the more excited he became. He kept his fingers crossed that the game would either be Saturday or Monday...just not on Sunday.

Well, as Jared's luck would have it, the game ended up being on Sunday. He struggled a bit as to what to do but in the end he decided to give the ticket to his friend and co-worker (if you passed on your ticket it needed to go to a co-worker) Brian. He was happy to give it to him and Brian was thrilled to accept.

I was impressed that Jared decided not to go on Sunday but bummed out my winnings were for nothing. At least he got to go to his brother's house to watch the game.

Here are 2 pictures from his friend Brian...

15 comments:

Kara said...

Wow I am impressed, that would have been really hard to give up. Great job Jared. And great job at winning it for him Carol. :) You are pretty great at winning things for people in your family. :) (ie Emma, Hannah Montana tickets!!)

jenny said...

Kuddos to Jared!! Great story, but sorry for your win that wasn't used.

Kristi Moody said...

Wow!!! How cool if he could of gone. I can barely keep up w/ my own blog...I think you have too much time on your hands!! Ha! Can u do mine?

Brian McCann said...

Well I'm the Brian that won by proxy...and thank you Jared for the....uh wait, THANK YOU Carol for the ticket!!! It was a great time and a couple other guys from my group also won so at least I knew so people there.

I've given my loot to Jared which included a Intel Rock star shirt as well as a foam finger...gotta love the foam fingers!

Thanks again....Brian

Jensen Family said...

and a BIG thanks to the coolest Jenn in the world for oking using her sons pics to use as your own :) haha! jk. good job carol you always go all out!

Jensen Family said...

ps it was only ONE sunday.. he totally should have gone :/

Hadley Family Clan! said...

That take a lot of will power. I know how much Jared LOVES the suns but props to him for not going on Sunday. That would be hard for me if that happened to me even though I know what choice was right.

taryn said...

that stinks! but congrats anyway on winning! seriously carol, how do you guys always win things? it's pretty impressive!

Sara! said...

Are you kidding me? He should have just gone and then said, "Oh, I thought it was Wednesday." (My niece's reply when she was breaking the Sabbath.) Brian owes him (you) BIG TIME!!

Unknown said...

That was awesome that you created that blog for him! You did such a great job, I was laughing out loud! You crack me up. And, I am way impressed with Jared. He set a great example for your children. Good man.

Amber said...

Great story! Carol, you are soooo creative; I am impressed, In the end-Great Wife-Great Husband.

Anonymous said...

If it's because you didn't have someone to watch your kiddos, I woulda done it??!!

McB's said...

OH MAN, what a bummer and hard decision that would be! I LOVED the blog you did that was really funny! Awesome job but really it wasn't for nothing cuz he actually DID win AND don't forget in the top 10!

Buffie said...

Such a good wife you are!!! Not many others would have gone through all of that!!! Way to be strong Jared!

Lindsey said...

Bummer. I swear, I never win anything either!