Then Christmas morning Jared and I woke up to Emma sorting the presents under the tree at 7am and then at 7:30am Eli came into our room with the 3 of us in there and we all shouted "Merry Christmas!" to him and in typical Eli fashion he freaked out on us and threw a fit. He didn't want anything to do with the presents under the tree but he did find his train set from Grandpa Rodgers and wanted to build that. Jared and Eli put that together and watched it go round and round while we let Emma open up her boring presents from Santa (her clothes). Finally Eli was in a good mood and decided he did want to open his gifts after all. We all went in and opened presents and Emma discovered her Nintendo DSI case and other accessories but didn't find the actual DSI so Jared convinced her Santa must have forgotten it (he had this ingenious idea of hiding it until the very end so she would get sad and then it would be extra exciting to find it). Eli and Emma opened all their gifts and loved them and rode around the house on their razors and were quite content and happy. As I started to make breakfast Emma started thinking about her gifts and started crying, then cried even harder..."why would Santa give me a blu-ray movie when I cant watch it because we don't have a blu-ray player and why would he give me all the DSI stuff without the DSI"...Jared's plan backfired hard on him - she was way more sad than he wanted so he quickly brought her over to the tree and miraculously found the DSI. Finally at 930am the twins got up and loved eating breakfast with us and were lovin' all the gifts and didn't even care that Eli opened most of the gifts for them.
Later that night all the Jensens came over to our house for Christmas dinner and gifts and we had a great time with them and watching all the kiddos play.
The next day, Boxing Day, we went over to Grandpa Jensen's house and had a pizza party and opened up gifts there too. By 6pm that night my house was de-Christmastized (is that a word or did I make it up?! It means no more Christmas decor in my house anywhere, no more tree, lights, anything - I am done with Christmas - but I dont consider myself a Scrooge, I just cant handle all the Christmas "clutter" anymore). 364 more days until the next Christmas - woo hoo!
Pictures in random order (to my kiddos: sorry for not taking any pictures with the Jensens, your parents are lame and kept forgetting to snap some).
Tyson and Grandma Rodgers

4 comments:
Sounds like you guys had a great Christmas! I like your idea of doing it in shifts! Isaac was up at 6:30 so we were all down there about 7:00... my kids know not to go downstairs until we're all up and Daddy's taking pictures.
Jared is so mean. Actually that sounds like something I would do... but how sad that Emma had to cry first. :) She was telling me about how Santa brought her a blue ray DVD and she couldn't watch it. But that was of course after she told me about all the fun things she got. We loved having her over our house Christmas evening to spend the night... Chris always talks about how much he loves Emma when she comes over. She's so fun for Maddy and so easy!!
I loved reading your post. I am sure Emma had fun sorting out her presents and counting how many gifts she got and I love the picture of Elias around the train tracks. I guess next year don't shout Merry Christmas to him lol. Happy New Years Eve. Sounds like your Christmas was wonderful and your kids enjoyed their gifts even though their were a few tears.
Glad you had a great Christmas! Funny, we actually had our kids open their DS gift first so the games wouldn't give away the BIG gift. I guess we are not smart enough to play hide and seek!!!
xmas down on the 26th wow bahhh hummbug Carol! Hey way to make your daughter cry Jared, that is what xmas is all about. I think Joel would do soemething like that too so you aren't alone in that boat Jared. Merry Christmas guys!
Post a Comment