In the summer of 1995 I went off to BYU to attend EFY with my good friends Natalie and Sara. They not only got to room together but they got to be in the same group together and I had to be in a different room, different group and different building - I was so angry at EFY for not following my mom's letter to a tee! But, looking back on it now, I know that Heavenly Father had a bigger plan in store for me. I needed to go to EFY that summer with my friends and become separated from them so I could get the opportunity to meet Nikki Bullock.

I attribute the fact that I am married to the man I am married today to Nikki. She became such a great friend to me that when we both came back from EFY we got together a couple of times and spent the night together and she invited me out with her a couple of times and then we hit our senior year in high school and didn't talk much but when we both started our first semester at MCC we ran into each other at the institute building and being the amazing person she is she grabbed my hand and dragged me over to meet her friends. That's when I met Amy!

Amy and Nikki were the social butterflies of MCC. If there was a party, they knew about it, if there was a trip, they knew about it, anything that was fun and worth while, they knew about it. They would always take me and introduce me to everyone. From them I met a lot of people and long story short, I met Jared.

Last night we were blessed with the opportunity to go to Nikki's wedding and experience that with her. Everything was amazing there and the bride and groom were stunning. We even got to carpool with Bryant who translated for David's dad who is Columbian.

Nikki will forever and always hold a special place in my heart that makes me get teary eyed when I think of her. If anyone deserves to be happy it's Nikki and last night she sure was happy!


7 comments:
That is a wonderful story! I'm grateful for the opportunity to read it. Isn't it amazing how one person can have so much influence for good on so many people?
Oh I am so sad I missed it! You all look great and Nikki looks amazing! So happy for her!
Nikki looks beautiful! And I loved your tribute to her. It is very true. Nikki is an amazing person. I think some of the credit of getting to marry Jared goes to you though, my dear. It was fun to go down memory lane with you. You're an amazing person and true friend to all that know you.
-Nat
What a sweet post, Carol. Nikki looks gorgeous...love her dress! And you look pretty hot yourself!
Wow, what an awesome dress! That's cool that you guys stayed in touch all that time. Good friends are pretty awesome.
I'm glad that you met Nikki too because that's how I know you :) She does look amazing! I'm sad that I missed it. I was going to try to make it but it didn't happen.
It looks like you had a fun CHRISTMAS. Your twins are getting so big! All of your kids are adorable!
Wow, Nikki looks so beautiful! And so do you! I wish I could have made it, Nikki is such a great person... I'm sure because of that she had tons of people there!!
You look super gorgeous by the way too... especially in that sexy silver top. :)
Post a Comment