Thursday, February 19, 2009

1926 DAYS TO GO!

Wow, so it has come and gone already. Jared waited 8 1/2 years (3134 days) for his first sabbatical and now 8 weeks of paid time off (and that doesn't even use your regular sick and vacation days either) has come and gone. It was a sad day this morning when I woke up and my husband was gone and I was all alone with the kids. It was a much deserved and much needed break and we enjoyed every second of it. Jared got to spend the holidays home with us, he watched the kiddos all the time for me while I trained for the 1/2 marathon, we got projects around the house done like this frame that Denise and I dragged our husbands into helping us makeHe had a few LAN parties (aka nerd parties), hung out with friends, he flew up to Sedona for lunch one daywe both benefited greatly from this little vacation and not to mention our trip to Disneyland as well. Jared went back to work to find some crappy things out about life over there but on a bright note he found this message left for himand the part that made it nice was that it was wrong...according to my calculations he only has 1926 days left before his next sabbatical - woo hoo! Besides me, whoever said engineers couldn't be funny...they trashed his desk with a bunch of toys (I believe that represented his sabbatical; hanging out with his kids. His manager came back to find 6 inches on sand in his cubical because he went to the Caribbean for his).Well back to regular life now, I need to go to the grocery store, who is going to watch my kids?! hmmmmm.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know are husbands secretively like work because they get to hang out with their dudes, right???? We make them work harder at home than they do at work??!! But we also give them lots more lovin'!!!:-) So sad that Jared went back to work but hey, it was too good to be true. Sorry you have to go to the store with your kiddos:/ Ha Ha

Kara said...

Wow! I didnt know Jared was still on sabbatical all this time! No wonder he's been around so much. :o) My friend that just had twins was telling me how her sister takes one of her babies once a week and she can get stuff done that day, with only one baby... I was telling her how you won't separate your twins... but you do now right? Well anytime you want to drive them way out here and go grocery shopping out here, I would love to watch one or both of them for a few hours! :o)

one love. <3 said...

what a nice break!! i had no idea about that! thats funny what they did to his desk! :-p

Jen H. said...

Again I love your frame! How do you do all you do? I'm amazed. I love the desk picture that is too funny!

Gramma J said...

I'm glad to hear you all had some fun while Jared was on sabbatical and got so much accomplished around the house. That's quite funny about the desk "welcome back decor" -- they must be happy to have you back Jared! :)