Monday, September 15, 2008
NEAR DEATH EXPIERENCE!
OK not really but we came awfully close. I was at Karli's (my soon to be sister-in-law) bridal shower when Jared sent me a text message..."prepare yourself. Emma has a brush stuck in her hair and it might have to be cut out." My immediate response back, "don't touch it, I will fix it." As soon as I got home Jenn (my other sister-in-law who does hair) and I went over to go and inspect the damage. Being a girl, I too have gotten my hair tangled up in those stupid round brushes but I have always managed to get it out, minus a few pieces of hair. This time it was looking like a different story. Jenn and I couldn't believe it. We worked at it for a while and nothing was happening. Bless Jared's heart, he told us that peanut butter gets hair out of brushes and we let him know peanut butter only works for getting gum out of hair :) If Jenn would have had her scissors with her we would have cut it out but because she didn't, we worked at it for a few more minutes and somehow, by some miracle from above, the hair came out. Emma was crying, I almost cried because she is supposed to be a flower girl in a month and if we had cut her hair it would have been to her chin, not really long enough for an updo at all. That night when Emma went to bed she said her prayers and said, "thank you for letting me get the brush out and thank you for not making me cut my hair and please don't let me get it stuck in there again."
PS - when we thought we were going to have to cut it out Jenn reminded me to take a picture for the blog and that made Emma cry more because she didn't want me to post this picture on here but I assured her that if we have to cut her hair when she is 15 years old she will think this is funny :)
13 comments:
Oh wow! That's pretty bad. I have no idea how you guys got that out. Good job on taking a picture for all of us to see. :)
this SAME thing just happened to my daughter like 2 weeks ago!!!! I was SO close to having to cut it out!!! not fun!!
You are a mean mommy! 15 years from now will only make her laugh at you for taking a picture of her at such a depressing moment! Just kidding....I just jinxed myself - now it will happen to Kiki and I really will have to cut it out??!!
Poor Emma:( Don't worry, you would have been just as pretty with short hair.
When I was younger my cousins got a round brush stuck in my hair. The brush was near the scalp. It took a few hours to get it out. Ever since then I have had that tramatic experience. I try to stay away from small round brushes.
I love hearing the faith of Emma spoken in her prayers. I have been reading a book by Gene R. Cook "Receiving Answers to Prayers". He states clearly there is no prayer that should not be spoken - it doesn't matter how important or unimportant we may think the request.
Phew! I love her long locks!!!
Wow! That brush is seriously tangled! How on earth did it get that bad to begin with? Poor Emma feeling devastated at the thought of having to cut her hair. It is a great picture though. She will most definitely look back and laugh one day.
1st - that is among the saddest story with the happiest ending ever.
2nd - I was having trouble adding you blog to my new cool list, but I finally figured it out. However, it won't tell me when you update so you will always be on the bottom. Sorry 'bout that. It's not me...it's your blog.
Michelle
Oh, poor sweet Emma. I am so glad you got that brush out and all is ok. Now she can be super pretty at the wedding. Maddy informed me the other day that she is going to grow her hair out long... I said what I always say.. OK, as long as you keep it brushed and let me do it when I need to! We'l see how long that lasts!
I hate it when that happens! At least she didn't cut her hair by her self, like most kiddos do. I taught her that in preschool!
Poor Emma! I'm glad everything worked out in the end!
I love it Carol, I did that when I was little girl and it seemed like a near death experiance for sure. I love that you added insult to injury with a picutre for the blog, a true mom at heart!
Post a Comment