So for the first time I will admit that my son is speech delayed. I always chalked it up to the fact that he was a boy but turns out, its not. Starting next week we will be having a Speech Therapist come out to our house once a week to work with Bubbas to get him talking. He uses a little less then 10 words now but it starting to make sounds that mimic words - yay! It never really bothered us much until recently when he started getting really frustrated because no one can understand what he wants. Since Jan/Feb he has had fluid in his ears that weren't always due to ear infections and the speech lady says that because of the fluid in his ears it may sound to him like we are all talking under water and that's why he doesn't talk (when I say talk I mean use words everyone can understand because the kid babbles like crazy). So today we went and saw an audiologist who ran some test on him (see above picture) and he came back normal, although they did say that he had negative pressure in his ears which meant fluids were about to come and she did say that when he has the fluids in his ears he may have hearing loss but today he was good. We go back in 2 weeks to talk to the specialist there and find out if he needs tubes or not. Poor kiddo, someday we will all understand you and you will be happy with us but for now at least we are doing the best we can and getting him the help he needs, thank you Aunt Caryn and Aunt Richelle for helping us with this.
So I have been sick all week and now it has made its way down through my throat and into my chest and can I just say that I sound like a man, my friend called today and she thought I was a man and Jared was in the shower and heard me talking and he thought I was a man which freaked him out cause he thought a man was going to see him in the shower, but anywho...Emma put some clothes in the laundry basket yesterday and came to me and said, "mom, you need to do the laundry, that has way too much in there." I am trying to decide if that is a compliment because I always do the laundry so she has never seen the basket get that full before or if she was ripping on me for being lazy this week?! hmmmm. When I was earning my big bucks on Tuesday, Jared had to stay home and watch the kids. That meant, he had to do Emma's hair, get her and her friend to the bus stop which meant loading up all 3 boys, pick them up from the bus stop, make lunches, make dinner, entertain Elias, feed the twins, change oodles of diapers, etc. Can I just say that when I got home, the house was quiet, the boys were happy, Elias and Emma were bathed, the dishes were loaded in the dishwasher, he said Elias didn't watch TV all day (how did Jared accomplish that great task?!) and he had washed our sheets on our bed so they were nice and clean. He was amazing. I was starting to feel that my role as the homemaker wasn't really necessary with such a great guy around but luckily it happened...He was pooped out and wanted to go to work and the best part was, the next day Tyson managed to get poop on our sheets and pee on them, he was so frustrated with all his hard work and how it had been such a waste...I love it! Welcome to my world my love.
13 comments:
so can i just say...it's ok that the laundry got piled that high! u have at least one slacker coupon per child a month! :) u r really amazing that it makes me sick...u were definitely blessed with more patience than me! :)
Okay, sorry I just go on and on about my stuff when I/you call! Bless your heart taking Eli to the doctor, I'm sure he loved getting his ears looked in for a long time, and your poor cold! Let me just say you are amazing that you can do it all!
Wow...out working the polls! Such a go-getter, you are. I agree about voting. I'm an avid voter.
Sorry about Elias. Hopefully the speech therapist can help him develop some of those words. I have a friend here who's daughter has to meet with a speech therapist and in the year we've know her (she's almost 3) her speech has improved SO much.
Jared is a good man. I think you found a keeper. :) I hope you feel better soon...man!
Man You are so lucky to have Jared, but he is even luckier to have an amazing wife and mother of his children like you!
Richelle
You are amazing girl! You have a full house and still go and work at the polls. I agree about voting too. I am now an early voter in order to get it done because this is such an important election. Sorry about Eli's ears. Check out those sign videos- they sure have helped at our house with communication.
So did they have to stick things in his ears and he didnt CRY?? My child is the devil...I knew it =) Oh and if you want to feel good about yourself...come look in my laundry room! Love you =)
Wow girl it sounds like you have been a busy working mama. What an experience working the voting polls and you crack me up about seeing their garments:). I would totally notice that too. What an amazing husband you have to keep the house clean, do Emma's hair and when you get home the house is quiet...nice! I had some hearing problems when I was younger and had tubes in my ears like 4 times. I never had a hard time talking...as you can tell, but I think the reason why I talk so loud is because of my hearing issues and my tubes always falling out. Whats so nice now is that the therapists come to your home. Makes life much easier. Good luck with everything and you are such an incredible and patient mom!
For someone who is so busy, it is truly appreciated that you can find time to let us all know the going ons. I wish I could express how much I enjoying reading your posts - they are fabulous! Thank-you.
Dude...Poll Worker? You are amazing. I am just pumping myself up to make it to the polls to cast my single vote...but I hade no idea about "online voting"...thanks for the tip, now I don't have an excuse for being a sorry American and not voting. lol.
About Elias ears. My oldest had the same problem. We got him tubes and he improved by leaps and bounds. Now at 11, we always joke that he would make a great politian because he can carry on a conversation with anyone and makes some great debates with his parents. And I remember being so worried that the kid would be able to speak...now he won't SHUT-UP! J/K. Good luck though! Poor thing:(
P.S. I am all "manly" this week too. Got the same yucky voice thing that is going around. We should get together and prank call. Dang caller ID ruins all the fun these days.
You think thats a lot of laundry? Come see my laundry room and my inability to ever keep up on laundry.
I have to say my brother Jared IS amazing, what other man would have done all those extras while taking care of 3 boys under 2? What other man would have even taken care of 3 boys under 2? Carol, you are amazing, too because you do it every day! You are just one amazing family! My niece Celeste had the same problems with her ears and having speech delay, I remember her having to go to speech therapy as well. At 9, she's totally fine, too, just like missy said. Cameron probably should have gone to speech therapy, too... he was definitely speech delayed, but I never knew they even did anything like that! I just thought it was because he was a boy, too.
I sure hope you feel better soon, its no fun having 5 men around the house, I'm sure Emma is quite confused. ;-)
Hi Carol! So, I don't know if Lisa told you or not, but here it goes....I am coming to town and want to see/meet some chicas for lunch so tell anyone that might be interested. We are meeting at Crazy Sub (by Westwood HS) at 12:30pm for lunch on Friday Sept 26th. I hope you can at least pop in and say HI if not stay and eat and visit with those that come!! Linds
PS--anyone is invited!
Hey I had that same thing with my ears when i was little i had tubes put in them and I got all my hearing back. Not a big deal at all. We thought Carson was speach delayed too we had his hearing tested and a gal from the state come in and tested him (it's free and then if he is delayed the state pays for the therapy). But alas he was not delayed enough (less than 70% delayed is Ok they say) and a few month later he was a chatting fool. Seriously not a big deal at all Carol totally normal on all fronts.
Post a Comment