It was the 18th Annual Pat Tillman's race - I have never run one before. At first, I wasn't really a runner when they started. Then I thought 4.2 miles seemed well...not worth my time since I would run half marathons. Then, I quit running. But this year, Denise texted me during the Superbowl and said, let's run it! I thought, "sure I can train for 4.2 miles no problem and what a good motivator!" Well - I ran twice for it. Once with Denise on the hottest day at 10am we did 3 miles and then one day I ran almost 5 miles with Kati, Amber and Brooklyn. I wasn't prepared, but I also didn't care. It was a lot hillier than I thought it would be - didn't like that. Did like all the people though - I love me a good crowd! I did have to eat some serious humble pie though. I would watch people post their times in years past and I would scoff at it - knowing I was faster than them without even training. Well...this year I was slower than them - ha ha - but to justify my time I will say I didn't train so there - ha ha! Good race and I would do it again with her!






No comments:
Post a Comment