Friday, April 22, 2022

AUNT KATHRYN'S FUNERAL!

 Another Aunt passed away. The older I get the sadder I get going to these funerals realizing how great this generation was and they are all leaving us. I love hearing all about them and the way they were. Like Grandma Joyce - she loved her fancy dinner parties, had a million chargers, plates, goblets, etc. Aunt Kathryn and Uncle Reed were on the cover of a couple of different Chandler magazines in their time. She loved playing piano would never tell anyone no when they asked her to accompany them. I also enjoy funerals for the fact that I get to see so many of my long distant relatives. My extended family always makes me so happy.  As we walked out of the chapel behind Aunt Kathryn's casket, I saw Uncle Jimmy standing there with his daughters. I instantly stopped walking, hugged and said hello. I shed tears. I realized this is probably the last time I will see him alive. Uncle Jimmy was always a favorite and he was the man who sealed me and Jared together in the Mesa Temple. He is the man who told Jared that the first thing he should do when he walks in the door from work is give me a kiss. Me, Randi, Richelle and the Chase girls went around to visit a few of our family headstones. It's crazy how much family I have buried there. Aunt Kathryn, you will be missed! (Loretta, Carol, Randi, Sharon, Me, Marilyn, Richelle)







No comments: