Sunday, April 3, 2016

REDNECK RACE AND DANCING!

What do these two things have in common? Not a whole heck of a lot, but this weekend they did! Emma had to dance at the Glendale Renaissance Hotel Friday and Saturday (she should have danced Sunday, but she didn't want to on the Sabbath so we stayed home!). Saturday was convention classes all day and I didn't know what to do with myself while she danced so I decided I would wear running clothes and run a couple of miles before 9am when I was going to go hang out with Andrea in her room. As we were rounding the Glendale Cardinals Stadium I noticed some cones blocking off lanes and then I saw a sign that said "4k" - so I knew there was a race going on, but I didn't know when it started or how long it was. As soon as we rounded the corner, right in front of the hotel was the start and finish line. As we parked the car I saw a couple of runners putting their bibs on so I was them what time the race started and how long it was. It started at 8am and it was a 5k and a 10k race. I told the girls I was going to take them to class and then leave them my back pack and I was going to run the race! Emma thought I was weird and laughed, but Kilynn told me to go win a medal! I dropped them off and headed down to the start line and started texting Jared that I was going to run a race. I was cracking myself up...here I am going to hop in on a Redneck race and not pay and I was surrounded by people dressed up like Rednecks - it was hilarious! While I was running I thought I wouldn't take a medal because I didn't pay but gosh darn it when I finished the 6.33 miles (yes it was a tad longer than it was supposed to be) and they handed me the medal - I took it and smiled and then I gladly took the gatorade and water bottle they offered me too! I went and got my back pack and headed up to Andrea's room and told her I just ran a race and we were both cracking up! It was pretty awesome! Emma did great all weekend. I was so proud of her dancing and the choices she had made. She is quite happy with her choice at DC2! Anytime she is happy with dance - so are Jared and I!

Here are a bunch of dance pictures I have taken over the last 3 competitions ....













No comments: