Richelle gave Jake a lego birthday party for his 7th birthday and was kinda enough to pass down her stuff to me - so we took that theme and ran with it - especially since the boys LOVE legos!
Plates
the set-up
the birthday lego banner
the invitations we delivered written on legos...
"guess how many legos" "lego bingo"
The guests eating their pizza, chips and drinks with colored lego men ice in them...
(Tyler, Anson, Mikey, Dreson, Nash, Payton)
(Tyson & Chiara)
After we ate we played pin the head on the lego man - the more the kids messed up the harder they laughed - the biggest loser was the biggest winner amongst themselves - funny kids!
I kept racking my brain on how I was going to tie in a lego toy with a goodie bag and what else I could do to entertain these guys...one Saturday afternoon Emma and I spent an hour and a half at the Lego store having the worker build a car for us and then we got all the pieces for it to create 9 other cars and try to make them slighty different with different pieces and colors. So glad I did - this was everyone's favorite part! They loved building it and then one of them asked if they got to keep the car and when I told him yes - his reply "this is the best party ever!"
After we finished building the cars we raced the cars - they would have done this forever, but we had 10 minutes left when I realized we hadn't done cake or presents yet - yikes!
We quickly sang Happy Birthday and gave everyone cake and ice cream - and then as kids got picked up we opened their presents - and they left with bags full of lego candies and their new lego cars -
Tyson's blue cake -
Tyler's orange cake - each boy picked the color they wanted -
They spent the next couple of hours playing with all their new toys and then Payton and Chiara had given them new swim trunks and flip flops so we went over to RJ's house to break them in :)
After Emma was done with dance, we picked her up and all went out for dinner and dessert. The boys had such a great day! They bring so much happiness to our family and never leave us bored or quiet around the house. As much as they are crazy and rambunctious - they are also very kind, loving to each other and sensitive and even stone cold Tyler will break down into tears if he has hurt someone feelings. They love their sister and are very supportive of her dancing and all the time they have to spend at the studio. In the last 2 weeks I have received random compliments from people about the boys and how sweet, kind and mannerly they are - hopefully that lasts them a lifetime. We love these 2 fart faces to death!
ps - My one regret for you birthday boys - was that I forgot to take in birthday treats for your summer birthdays to school - I remembered to do it in April, but by the time the end of the year came - I spaced it - I truly am sorry you didn't get birthday cupcakes in your kindergarten classroom.
Tyler:
47 pounds
46 inches
50-75% for height and weight
Tyson:
42 pounds
44 inches
25% for height and weight
1 comment:
Wow - awesome job on the Lego party!
Post a Comment