The boys signed up for running club this year. They liked it a lot at first. Then wanted to quit (but I won't let them, they started it and now they are going to finish it!). And now, they are just waiting for the season to end. I am not so sure if we will do this again next year, I know Tyler is out for sure. Tyler Man is the fastest kid ever, but he has to want to do it, other wise, forget it, he could careless - as for long distance (each race is 1.5 miles)- ya that is not for him. Eli does fine with it, gets all his laps in and has a fun time doing it. Tyson on the other hand - long distance might be his thing! He is slow and steady and wins the race, literally! At the end of the race last week I was going to take all the kids home right after, but we couldn't find Tyson so we had Emma, Tyler and Eli go and wait by the awards while Jared and I looked for Tyson - we finally found him in the crowd waiting for awards. I was just standing there with Jared waiting for the time to pass and not even paying any attention when they said, "Tyson Jensen, 7th place!" Say whaaaaat?! Ya, Tyson was the 7th fastest kindergarten boy from 5 different schools. He totally shocked us all. We were so proud of him!
waiting to start the race...
Eli...
Tyson...
Tyson kicked it up a notch at the end and wanted to beat this boy - so many parents at the finish line were cracking up!
Tyler started out the race at full speed and needless to say, ran out of gas mighty fast. Jared ended up running along side of him to keep him going and making sure he beat the lady who walked the race and got all the scragglers....

Tyson Jensen, placed 7th in the top 8! Woo hoo!!
No comments:
Post a Comment