Wednesday, March 27, 2013

CAT IN THE HAT!

I have never not liked a school teacher for my kids before, well this year is different. I knew I was going to be in trouble when I ran into a few friends at the school and told them who Eli had for his teacher and they all made faces and wished me luck. Ya, I don't like her. I am sure she would make a great 5th grade teacher, but she is a horrible kindergarten teacher in my humble opinion. I won't list all my grievances, but I will say when I found out it was Cat in the Hat's birthday and like usual she had zero fun activities planned for these poor little kids, I took it upon myself and went straight into her classroom in the middle of her teaching (don't worry she was walking around barefoot cleaning up her room while the kids watched Elmo so I am sure I wasn't bothering anyone) and asked her what she had planned for the next day knowing what I was sure her answer would be and of course, she had no clue and didn't plan anything.

I set it up so I could go in the next day and read Cat in the Hat to the class the next day and have all the kids make a little craft. They loved it, but mostly Eli loved it and so it made me happy. After that the school went outside for a read-a-thon and all the other kindergarten classes had hats on too so I was very glad that Eli wasn't left out like usual, arghhhh!

Eli and his "best friend, Aiden B" - he is also the boy who he gets separated from because they talk to much, I have no idea where he would get that from!

Eli sitting outside reading his book, he is so cute!

1 comment:

papa jensen said...

I like the flat Cat in the Hat hats.