The kids knew it wasn't the beach, but other than that, they loved it. They thought staying in the hotel was awesome and they wanted to move there.
The first day we got there and went swimming forever and finally at about 7pm we decided we were all hungry so we headed out to dinner - a good family picture at dinner wasn't happening, but everyone had fun and ate a ton of food so that's all that matters :)
After dinner we headed back to the room and the kids were on hyper-drive. They stayed up and watched tv and were silly till about 11pm. The next day, they slept in till 9am - which is really late for them. Jared and I left Emma in the room with the boys while we went to breakfast together at the resort. It was a fun little date for us.
We hit the water for the rest of the day again. The Murrietas ending up booking a reservation there at the same time so we met up with them and ended up ordering pizza and wings and eating it by the pool until bedtime. This time when we went back to the hotel room for the night, the boys crashed hard and there was no playing around!
The next day after the kids slept in again, Jared and I went to breakfast together and then like the day before, we hung out by the pool all day until it was time to head back home to get ready for meet the teacher night. It was a great little vacation and something was better than nothing :)
3 comments:
Looks like fun! We almost did a stay-cation here this year when our trip to WA didn't happen, but I was lazy and never got it planned.
Kids seem to like hotels better than anything else about a vacation, so why not?
I think that is a great vacation! I would love to go there with you. I would sleep in with the twins!
Post a Comment