Monday, August 20, 2012

A FATHER AND SON TENDER MOMENT...

During an intense championship flag football game, Eli messed up and he was upset about it. He really stresses out when he doesn't do things right and knows when he has made a mistake. After the bad play, he came off the field during an offense/defense change up and then Jared disappeared. I didn't think much of it, Jared gets sick in his stomach during the intense games and sometimes he can't watch or he has to walk away so he doesn't get upset, so I figured that is what he had done. A few minutes later I look around to try and find Eli and I see this moment.... A loving father sweetly embracing his upset son. Nothing sweeter than this.
In the end all was right with the world and he walked away a happy little boy with his 1st place trophy!

4 comments:

taryn said...

This just warms my heart! So sweet! Your family is so great!

Sarah said...

is it so strange that i got a little tear in my eye? way to go Jared.

Staceygirl said...

Maybe Jared needed a little comfort, too... haha. Good job, Mom, for capturing a sweet moment on ... sd card?

jenny said...

Doug gets a little intense as well, I think it's just part of being a dad. Such a sweet photo :)