I love the Olympics. I love how everyone becomes so proud of their country (not to mention what a power house USA is, that helps too!) I love watching them and being so amazed at what great athletes they are and secretly pretending that I could be one, ha ha.
This year in honor of the Olympics I decided to have Emma's church class over to celebrate the opening ceremonies with us. We made some invitations and attached a different country flag to each invite and every girl had to bring something to eat to represent that country. We had a huge schmorgus borg of food, the girls ate all night (and so did Jared)!
We played a few games, like some Olympic fact questions, Olympic bingo and marked off the countries as each one marched into the stadium and guessed which country flag was which one. The girls had a lot of fun but about 10pm they got a little bored and went outside and played.
Jaeden, Maddy, Hoku, Morgan and Emma
Anni, Maddy, Haley, Hoku, Morgan, Emma
Such a fun group of little girlies and Emma is excited to do this again in 2 years for the winter games, looks like we started a new tradition!
No comments:
Post a Comment