Thursday, March 31, 2011

MUSICALS, FIELD TRIPS, PRINCIPALS AND MORE...

I have neglected to blog about Emma's school recently and since Eli just had a field trip today, why not update it all.

Emma decided that dancing 2-3 hrs a day, 6 days a week wasn't enough of extra curricular activities...she thought it would be great to go to school an hour early 3 days a week for 6 months so she could be in her school's musical theatre club. At the end of the 6 months they performed a musical for the school and parents. Her and Maddy and the other 4 little girls they car pooled with did really well. Emma and Maddy decided they wanted to be singers and dancers in the musical (shocker I am sure!). It really was a really great musical and of course our girls were super cute! Besides the performing in the musical, she also got to take a field trip with the musical theatre club. They had a great time and performed a couple of songs in front of a dozen other local elementary schools. My favorite part about the field trip was that Emma still likes to have me around and holds my hand :) For the first time 4 years at her school, she finally got picked for the Principals Breakfast! Of course, it was the only semester her dad was gone, so Thank you Jenny N. for watching the boys for me at 7:30 in the morning! She got picked for this award because her friends were arguing at recess and she didn't want to get in the middle of it so she sat on the sidewalk during recess, YES!!! I taught her that and she put it to good use, she listened to her momma - woo hoo!! Her teacher was really excited for Emma and even came and ate with her as well. The last week of school was also Dr. Suess' birthday. They wanted mystery readers to come in all week and read to the class. Every time Jared and I have tried to go in a be a mystery reader, some how Emma knows and ruins it for us :) Oh no, not this time. I got her. I went in like a nerd while she was out at recess. I sat on a chair in the middle of the room with a blanket (one she is not familiar with) and covered my whole body with it and then the kids asked questions and I only nodded until they figured it out - yes! I read them all Cat in the Hat and then afterwards we all frosted sugar cookies with white frosting and then used red licorice as the stripes. They had a lot of fun and I loved going in and being with Emma (PS - it was baseball hat day at school, that's why Emma is wearing her dad's hat to school!)Eli had his first field trip today. Him and the twins have been so excited about it - they didn't even really know what it was, but they were pumped for it! They have been learning about the desert and everything in it so we went to Usery Pass and took a little hike and got to learn about rattle snakes, coyotes and everything else while on the hike. Eli was lovin' it! He didn't hang out with me and twins at all, he wanted to stay up in the front with Ms. Nikkii and his class mates.

Here is Eli on the hike learning about rattlesnakes.Shelby tried to take a picture of the boys for me but as you can see they had the sun in their eyes and were not cooperating but I still thought the pic was cute.I wanted to get the boys nice and worn out so about 3/4 into it I made them get out of the stroller and walk with me. They did pretty good, we ended up dead last, but hey, we were walking! woo hoo!! They started to get a little sluggish but ain't nothin' a package of fruit snacks can't change.At the end of the hike all the kids gathered around a table while the Park ranger talked to them, Eli saw me taking a picture of him and decided to show me his tongue, nice one buddy.Right before we headed off to have a picnic and play on the playground, all the kids got Junior Ranger Badges. Eli and Tyson really liked theirs and as always, Tyler just wanted to hold his and stare at it with no expression on his face, dang I love that boy.

1 comment:

bryant said...

Lots of adventures with your little treasures. We miss you all