Monday, February 14, 2011

1 MISSING BEST FRIEND, 4 FAVORITE VALENTINES AND 1 PUKER!

I woke up this morning with big plans, pink pancakes for the kiddos, heart shaped sandwich, a nasty blog about my husband tomorrow, a fun movie/dessert night with the kids, etc...some times life throws ya a curve ball and you just have to run with it.

We started out on the right foot. I got up and made the kids pink pancakes for breakfast and even got Emma a heart shaped sandwich packed in her lunch!We got her off to school and we did our usual things around the house, the boys played, I picked up, talked to my friends on the phone, told them how I couldn't wait to blog about how Jared broke the one promise I made him make me before he left, you know, the important things :)

The afternoon rolled around and I was excited to get the evening going. I got Emma already for dance, Eli already for soccer and went to go get the twins up to put them in the car and Tyler was looking up at me with a most scared look on his face, I asked him what was the matter, but he didn't need to tell me, I saw. He threw up. Happiness #1 for today, he threw up in bed, easy clean up - everything just got dumped in the washing machine - thank you Tyler - 5 minutes later and I would have made another trip to the car wash.

Got Emma to dance, went into dance and looked for her shoe again, checked all the girls bags myself, still no shoe, looked for another girl's missing shoe for her mom and found it and for whatever reason I felt like I should just sit down right then and text her really quick so as I was texting her...Tyler threw up again. Happiness #2 for the day, again, 5 minutes later and we would have been in the car so thank you Tyler for your well timed vomit - all I had to do this time was run him outside and he made it on the sidewalk and so dumping a bucket on water on it was another painless clean up.

I load the boys back up and start to head home only to the sound of tears from the back of the car. Eli was soooo sad he was going to miss soccer because Tyler was sick. He didn't understand why I couldn't just get someone to sit with Tyler and Tyler's house while I took him. It was breaking my heart poor kid, especially since this is his last week.

We get home, get Tyler taken care of and there is a knock at my door. Blake was outside with flowers for me from Jared. I know Stephanie help put the idea in his head but he finally did remember that his promise to me was flowers on Valentine's day. I always think it is a big waste of time and money, but I figured if he wasn't going to be in town then this was the one and only year I would like flowers on Vday.

While I was giving Blake the 3rd degree about whose idea the flowers were, Tyler threw up yet again. Poor little buddy, no fever, still had an appetite, still ran around with his brothers but just threw up a few times. (I kinda blame the greasy Pizza Hut I bought us for lunch today - oops).

I had a romantic dessert night (ha ha) planned for me and the kiddos for tonight, every year I am pretty selfish and just think about me and Jared on Valentine's day but since he wasn't here this year I thought it would be fun to do something fun with my 4 favorite kiddos! Because I didn't want Tyler to eat anything I ended up putting the twins to bed and me, Emma and Eli sat down for a 6 layered triffle, sparkling cider, my new roses from my lover and some candles. Eli was just super excited for dessert and the fact that his drink was in a "glass"! We sat around and ate and watched "Be My Valentine, Charlie Brown" and then off to bed for the other two.Here is one of my Valentines - isn't he cute :)That's when my night gets good. I brought my flowers into the den, brought me the rest of the sparkling cider in there and oh ya, the chocolate covered strawberries my visiting teachers left for me tonight and I settled in for a night of the Bachelor.Happy Valentine's Day to me! Happiness # 3 - I survived a crazy day and I still had a good, fatty time!

2 comments:

Mrs. Buv said...

Does it make you hate me that I like Jared being gone? Only because you are such a good blogger without him here to distract you. :)

Mary Postert said...

I love that last picture!