Tyson's tooth fell out again! Dr Parry fixed it, again! If it falls out again, we will probably have to get a baby crown - yippee! poor guy.
One morning Eli came up to me and asked me for a white robot. I had no idea what he was talking about so I said, "where is it?" thinking it must be some toy we had in the house somewhere, well he was quick to tell me, "on Santa's sleigh!" I sure hope Santa can find him a white robot :)OK, so when my kids (and Jared) aren't paying attention to me and I am trying to tell them something important, I say, "look in my eyes" and then I know they are paying attention to me because they are looking at me instead of staring at the TV or something else. So the other day Eli was trying to say something to Tyler and Tyler was ignoring him so I heard him say, "Tyler, look in my eyes, look in my eyes!"
My sister-in-law gave me a Brazilian Blowout. My hair is now perfectly straight and not fluffy and its even soft too! I love it!!
My dad took all my boys to the aquarium most of the day and then brought them back home and put them to bed so that I was able to hang out with Caryn all day long and help her shop for baby things. It was really fun to hang out with her and go to lunch and not have my kids with me. (I love them, but I cant remember the last time I hung out with her without them.)
Jared, my dad and me went on Saturday and cleaned out my grandma's apartment. It was a bittersweet moment. It was sad to take all of that stuff and donate it, knowing she had it forever (yes, she is still alive but is 99 yrs old and is now living in an assisted living place) and would never use it again. It was fun though to see certain things and say, I remember playing with this lamp and touching it to turn it on when my parents weren't looking, sitting at this table for meals, eating a chocolate donut on this plate for breakfast, or packing up the golf clubs and remembering when we would go to their country club to go swimming and hang out or watching that clock all night long as I would lay out in the family room and fall asleep. Sweet memories.
Lastly, I went to a funeral on Friday for a friend whose twin boys were born to early and didn't make it. It broke my heart trying to imagine the heart ache that her family was/is going through. But, it made me happy and brought some peace to me knowing that they had passed away within a day of each other and knowing they were laying in the same coffin together side by side with their heads facing each other. Twins share a unique bond with each other that can't be explained. It is something you have to see for yourself. They take care of each other, they need each other, they love each other like no one else can. I am glad that these boys have each other up in Heaven and can take care of each other there the way my boys take care of each other down here on earth. I am grateful for that knowledge that I have.
3 comments:
I hate going to funerals for babies! The coffin is so small. THe anguish of the family. SO sad, but as you said, they have each other.
One a happy side note. Where is the picture of your awesome hair? How long does it last?
Very sweet post. I am sad about your friends babies. That is heartbreaking.
What heartbreaking news about your friend. It's at times like that that the gospel becomes especially comforting.
I loved how you shared some of the memories you experienced while clearing out grandma's apartment. Special times.
Post a Comment