Tuesday, June 23, 2009

OUR LAST 1ST BIRTHDAY PARTY!

Seeing how it was our last first birthday party we will throw and how it was a double party we decided to go out with a bang. 96 people (including babies), 6 pounds of chips, 15 pizzas, 224 drinks, 2 pinatas, sno cone machine, nacho machine, popcorn machine and the Votaw Party facility and we had a successful party! We wanted to say thank you to everyone who had helped us this last year with the twins and are so grateful to surviving the first year!

Me and the twinsCandy time!5 more months and then its Reese and Nate's turnJust for fun we had these shirts made for the boys. On the front was the #1 and on the back it said...Eli lovin' the sno conesTyson aka Pepsi Jr dute duteWhats left of the foodThe cakeThe twins eating thier cakeThis is as dirty as Tyler would get - he doesn't like to get down and dirtyHe did let Grandma Rodgers finish feeding him cake though because that way he could enjoy the sweetness of the cake without getting dirty - pansy.Tyson on the other hand doesn't hold back, he is all about the yummy goodness of the cake without caring how messy he getsA few times when his hands wouldn't give him enough cake he would just dive in head first for someHe finally drew the line at his feet though. Once his feet got in the cake - he was done.What a way to end the night - with presents.Thank you to everyone who came and supported us (and a special shout out to Denise for picking up all the pizzas for us and to the Votaws letting us use their backyard). We love you all and glad we are done with that party :)

6 comments:

Sara! said...

It was SO fun!! I'm proud of teaching Tyson early how Pepsi can make your whole day better.

BTW, way to still look hot at the very end of the party, I was a greasy mess and all I had to do was show up.

Anonymous said...

Wow that was quite a party. Your boys are so big, it's still crazy to me your the boss of 2 at the same age! I love that you made a comment on every post:)So I won the bake off, but my recipe had the most white flour in it, so lets be honest, it wasn't hard. And I have no idea who the Mayor of Duncan is but I can find out cause my friends parents live there. Anyway I don't know if that is all you asked but I would love to go to lunch with you and sara and natalie. see ya later

Mallory said...

wow! that looks like so much fun! happy birthday boys!!!

Kara said...

That was such a fun party! I can't believe your babies are so grown up! My favorite part was watching the boys chow down on their cake... or at least Tyson! Tyler didn't really care much for his cake, huh? Glad they had fun, too! :)

Lopez-kids said...

I can't believe they are already one! They are so adorable! I am so impressed that you survived the first year with twins and look as great as you do!! Good job mama!!

Kristi Moody said...

Tyson's my kinda guy...gotta love Pepsi. He would fit in great at our house! Have to agree that cake eating was the best part! Why can't we look that cute eating cake? Great party!