Thursday, December 6, 2007

UTAH!

OK, so I am learning what "friends with benefits" really means. I became friends with some people in our ward who happen to own their own plane and fly back and forth from Utah all the time and they said anytime I wanted a ride (for free mind you) to let them know and they would take me. So I took them up on the offer and I went up to Utah for 3 days without my kids and husband to see my friend Katie and my sister Ashley. My favorite part of the trip, just hanging out with Katie. The funniest part of the trip, seeing couples walk around BYU holding their hands up strategically so you could see the engagement ring, barf. I was able to get some pretty cool pictures with my camera from the plane since you don't fly as high as a regular plane.

Arizona vs Utah

Grand Canyon


Ya, I flew the plane for about a minute and a half and that was enough time to flirt with death.


My cute husband doing Emma's hair for school while I was gone - isn't her ponytail good!


Shopping with Katie


Park City

15 comments:

Brooke said...

you are brave. i don't think i could fly in a little airplane like that! how nice of your friends! looks like you had a blast!

Hadley Family Clan! said...

Ok how fun!! I would have a heart attack if someone asked me if I wanted to fly the plane, but what a fun experience. You look amazing Carol and how fun to go on a vacation for a few days with no kids either! You are a lucky gal and I thought that friends with benefits meant something else when we are single:)j/k

Jen H. said...

How fun and what nice friends! I'm not sure what I'd do with myself without any kids. I'm sure you were loving it, what a nice break!

Missy said...

CRAZY!!! CRAZY!!! (ok I won't say it again) But seriously! I have a fear of small planes like that, but it really looks so awesome! So cool...was this part of a early bday present? And I am sooo impressed with your Hubby's Ponytail Skills, Mark has NONE! Loved this post, and yay for a nice break!

Katie Smith said...

Ooh, I love the pics from the plane! So cool. Okay, how funny is it that we chose the same two pictures for our blogs? It's 'cause we looked the prettiest in those ones. Too bad I didn't pose so you could see my wedding ring...next time.

rymiembeal said...

That is so awesome.. You know we are all super jealous!!! I don't know if my man can make a ponytail like that!

Michelle

Mary Postert said...

That's totally cool that you got to fly to Utah for free. You know what's even cooler? I can totally see my building where I work in that picture you took of Phoenix from the airplane. And not only that but I can even see my office window. Crazy, huh? What day did you leave? I was probably in my office working away (or emailing or blogging) when you flew right over me.

bryant said...

wow! what a great trip!! sounds like a ton of fun! my favorite part of the entry: jared's robe. hah!

Miss Niss said...

wow what a fun time! and what great friends you have! ha!

(our dune trip was great:) definitely let me know about january, that'd be way fun!)

Lyman Family said...

Looks like tons of fun!

Allison Johnson said...

Carol,
Looks like you had a good time in Utah. Angie and I were getting together for lunch on Monday and we want you to come!! Email me at amjohnson517@yahoo.com and I can give you more details...

the Painters said...

Godo for you, getting a break! That is needed every once in a while. I'm so jealous. You look so cute flying that plane! You're braver than I am.

Jensen Family said...

dude.. thats a pretty dang good ponytail! nice robe jared! carol i can't believe YOU flew a plane... not in a million years would i let you or anyone but the pilot control a plane while i flew on it :) brave brave brave!...pilot ;)

Anonymous said...

*sigh* i wish i could've cut myself out of that pony pic first

Kara said...

so jealous of the co pilot picture. Wish I could have taken the wheel once or twice if I was with you guys. (hint hint for next time...)