Tuesday, June 30, 2026

MY FIRST GARDEN!

 Well technically I did some 5 gallon bucket gardens many years ago with Jaime Votaw - but that doesn't count. In March after basketball ended and there was no baseball to fill my life I wanted to find a hobby. I decided that gardening was it. Jared was very sweet and indulged my dreams....we spent over $2,000 getting the garden ready, buying the beds, soil, plants, vines, etc. I mean in all reality I will probably never even save $2000 from the garden, but I love that he let me do it, cause I also needed it to be pleasing to the eye.  For the first season we planted: tomatoes, tomatillos, basil, mint, cilantro, cucumbers, 3 kinds of bell peppers, carrots, green onions, jalepenos, watermelon and cantaloupe. 

The neighbors chickens have reaped the benefits of my garden....we never got to eat a tomato so we tossed all of them to them, the tomatillos never worked out, the green onions never grew....we grew 3 carrots...got lots of cucumbers and turned them into pickles - that was a success...ate one cantaloupe so far and it was so sweet and juicy....the cilantro died...the basil and mint went buck wild....and so far that's it! 










No comments: