Monday, May 25, 2026

EMMA'S THYROID SURGERY!

 After Emma kept passing out at work, not being able to communicate in complete sentences, several trips to the ER, it was finally discovered that she had Graves Disease...a form of hyper thyroidism. She was in the middle of a "thyroid storm". A traumatic event can bring this out and I guess giving birth is one of those. This has answered a lot of questions...hyper makes for fast metablolism, can mess you up mentally, it explains her passing out spells she had in 5th grade when the school sent her to the hospital in an ambulance. After a lot of dr visits, different meds, talking to different people...Emma and Hunter decided the best medicine would be to have her thyroid removed and which would switch her to a hypo thyroid and it would make her more mentally stable and a much better functioning human. 

Jared and I went up there for the weekend of her surgery so that we could help with Della while she recovered and that way Hunter could focus on her and her healing! Sara was so kind and kept the twins for us and we jetted off to Idaho Falls. 

We spent the weekend taking Miss Della Doo on walks, errands, a trip to the zoo, to the Idaho Falls Memorial Day memorial (we even sponsored a flag in Grandpa Tuffy's name), gave her baths, snuggled her, played with her, we went to Colton's birthday dinner, I washed Emma's hair and french braided it like the olden days, we stayed 1 night at Emma's place while she was in the hospital and the rest of the trip we stayed at Stephanie's house, we took them to dinner the last night and ate in the park...it was the BEST weekend!! Jared said he always wants to leave them better than we got there so we left them with gas, some food for meals, bought them drinks, etc!

Heading to the airport though is when things changed...Jared did NOT feel good. He was verbalizing it a little bit, which was huge for him, but you could also see it on his face. We got to our seat and during the boarding process and the air is not on and he says, "Shit! I am going to pass out" I told him no he was not and I started to fan him. I got up and told the flight attendant he was going to pass out and I needed an ice pack. I went back to Jared and kept fanning him and then....it happened....HE PUKED EVERYWHERE! He had his hoodie on his lap so I held it up to his mouth, he kept going, so I took my hoodie off, then I ran to the back to get trash bags to put stuff in and he puked again. The row behind us had to be exvacuated cause the vomit rolled to their row, the lady on our row switched seats, he had to change his clothes in his seat on the plane, we asked him if he wanted to get off or stay and he wanted to stay. Turns out right before he puked he was praying to Heavenly Father to take away the pain and as soon as he puked, he felt better...answers to prayers....even if it wasn't how he probably wanted it - ha ha! I had the twins meet us at the airport to drive him home while I got the car out of the lot and went home. 

Tuesday night around midnight....Tyson started puking...by 2am Tyler had joined him. Their continued until I got them some at home IVs at 2pm and then Thursday morning I was sick but from the other end of my body.....not our favorite way to end the trip to Idaho, but we would do it again! 
























No comments: