It's funny how the Lord works. Last night we had to have a long hard discussion again with Emma about some of her choices and helping her to make better ones and not lowering her standards for attention, etc. That night she went to her room and set up some new "rules" for herself and she was going to start those the next day.
Today was off to a good start and the icing on the cake - we decided to go to the mailbox and found this letter in there from Utah. I actually thought it was junk college letter and Emma is tired of opening those so we just open them for her.
When I saw the front of the card I thought it was weird that it was a Young Women's torch and we didn't really know anyone in Utah that would send her something...I opened the card and looked to see who it was from and we found out it was from the General YW presidency. I quickly closed the letter and gave it to Emma and apologized for opening it.
She read it and it meant so much to her!! It truly touched her that these leaders would take the time and write her this letter. It couldn't have come on a better day either. A reminder of the good girl she is inside and to keep being that girl.
It brought tears to Jared and my eyes. We hope she will always remember she is a choice daughter of God.


No comments:
Post a Comment