A week ago the home phone rang and I answered it and it was President Jones asking for Emma - I knew in that moment he was asking her to speak in Stake Conference. I panicked because I was supposed to work, so I called right away and Shannon made sure to get me coverage so I could off in time and was so supportive of Emma and Me. That was awesome. Emma and I spent 2 days shopping for the perfect dress. Cute, stylish and modest. Couldn't find it. Then I ordered her tights to wear under her new dress from Christmas and then this morning I received a funny text from her so we went without tights. The Jensen grandparents came and Grandpa Rodgers came, but Grandma Rodgers had to go to RJ's stake conference and sit with Alyza while RJ was on security detail for Elder Soares. We sat right in the front row and I made sure to sit in front of Emma hoping I could smile at her and help calm her nerves and let her know she did a good job. Poor youth speakers had to speak in the middle of it and so I am sure their nerves were building and building. Emma got up there and was amazing! She spoke so calmly and slowly, got choked up a little during it and even made the audience giggle for a second. She is so brave. She did better than Jared or I could have ever done. Since this is our family blog - I can brag as much as I want on here. As soon as it ended, President Hansen gathered the 4 youth speakers and pulled them together in a tight circle and let them know how well they did and how much they brought the spirit in. Then they all got to shake Elder Piper's hand from the quorum of the 70. During his talk her referred back to Emma's talk by her name and made reference to it a couple of different times. Emma got compliments after compliments on how well she did. My phone blew up with text messages, a couple of ladies told me they want their sons to marry Emma, a couple of sisters said they were crying during it and its just what they needed to hear and then Brother and Sister Freestone stopped her and told her how great she did as well. A sister had to serve the luncheon to the Stake Presidency afterwards and Elder Piper and when they were talking about the youth speakers he commented how he was blown away by Emma and appreciated her example. She really did do an amazing job. Brother Freestone told me his favorite part was when Emma finished watching me exhale and being able to breathe again. I love this girl. She is so brave. She is so strong. She is so beautiful. I hope as she spreads her wings next year and fly's the coop she continues to be this person. She will be a light unto others.
No comments:
Post a Comment