Tuesday, July 3, 2018
ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST!
As soon as we finish with Eli's broken hand - Emma decides to break her hand as well! Guess she was feeling left out! Lucky for both of them - they both broke the hand they don't write with - small blessings! Emma tried out for cheer and her and Lauren both had to fight for the last spot on Varsity. One would get it and one would stay on JV. Emma was working her buns off to get the skills she needed to get to make the team. She is supposed to go to Anni Halls cabin today for 4th of July but this morning in her private with Coach Markham she bailed on her running tumbling pass and brought her hands down to brace her self and broke her hand. The video is painful to watch. I got it while I was at work. Emma did not tell me while I was working how bad it hurt. As soon as I got home from work she is complaining and rightfully so. I wish someone would have told me earlier I would have left work and taken care of it, but now she was stuck. I called several places to try to get seen in the 2 hour window we had before she left for the cabin, but no luck. She had to decide wether to go or stay. She wanted to go. She went. She was in so much pain. She came home and her hand was so swollen - it was way worse - the altitude did not help her at all. We got her right into the doctor's office the next day and got herself a lovely little lame clam hand like her brother! This broken hand also sealed her fate for JV! (again, a year later we can find all the positives from this, but right now in the moment, it was very hard and sad - lots of tears). She was a brave girl and also had a blast at the cabin!
No comments:
Post a Comment