So today I had the following conversations...
Emma: "mom! the people who work at Element (her cheer gym) are so lucky!"
Me: "why?"
Emma: "cause they get like pizzas, snacks and they don't have to bring in their own waters!"
Me: "so you just want a job that gives you free water and food?"
Emma: "AND they get cheap tans! AND access to all the cute apparel there! I just need to work there!"
Pay doesn't matter I guess as long as you get free water - ha ha!
On Sunday we took Eli to his Priesthood Preview/ Temple prep night. It was for all the boys and girls turning 12 this year. After they talked about what happens when you go in for your temple recommend interview, etc they split up into boys and girls so they could each learn about young womens and young mens. During the boy talk - the deacons told the guys about teen elect and how you have to dance with a girl. Then the boys let out shy little giggles. I had forgotten all about it. Well today - 4 days later - as I'm driving Eli to baseball this is our conversation:
Eli: "mom, was Kate Olson at the temple preview night?"
Me: "I don't know who that is"
Eli: "she has blonde hair, glasses, she's in my music class..."
Me: "oh ya, she was there, why?"
Eli: "cause I have decided she is the girl I'm going to ask to dance at that thing I have to go to!"
I love how this little guy never talks about girls, and now I come to find out he has been stressing over who he is going to ask to dance! Made my day! Later that night after baseball he tells me, "I told dad why I want to dance with Kate - it's because she is smart, tries hard and plays softball!" I love Eli!
No comments:
Post a Comment