Monday, May 15, 2017

4th GRADE HIGHLIGHTS!

In the last month of 4th grade there have been a few things I wanted to make sure and document for Eli.

This kid is braver than Jared and I ever were. He decided he wanted to run for Student Body Secretary. He had the best posters and the best little speech he wrote himself. Sadly though, fidget spinners are a hot item and his opponent put fidget spinners all over his poster and in his speech promised to have fidget spinner fridays - I knew our little buddy was screwed - I was right - the other kid won. Oh well, Eli handled it like a champ. He loved hanging up his posters and was so proud of them. That afternoon I took donuts to his class to tell all the kids who ran and won congratulations and to all the kids who ran and lost - well they were very brave to do that and they should be proud of themselves! Jared and I are so proud of this kid for doing it and I hope he doesn't give up!



Eli had the ever dreaded 4th grade recorder concert. I was prepared that I would need a very tall pepsi after having to sit through this concert, but I must admist - it was pretty dang good! They sounded great and ummm hello music teacher - THANK YOU for keeping the concert only 15 minutes long! Short but sweet - loved it! I loved Eli practicing at home too - he was cute.





On Cinco de Mayo - Eli's class had a salsa making contest. They got put into groups and had to bring in a recipe and then vote on which recipe to make, split up the ingredients and then make it. Then they all voted on who had the best one. I went in to class to help so they could use the blender. I told them how to remove the cilantro leaves off the stems and then they had to dump everything into the blender. After we mixed it all up, they tasted it and decided what it needed more of. I did not help at all. They were funny. They must have added ingredients half a dozen times. In the end they were confident they had THE BEST salsa! Pretty sure they lost, but Eli didn't care, he came home and shared it with his brothers and was so proud of it. He wanted to make more. The boys ate it up super quick.


4th grade Assembly. They sang songs. Eli told us he got picked in the last song to come up front and "dance" because he was one of the best dancers - ha ha! He is no Emma, but for a boy in 4th grade - he had some rhythm going - ha ha!



Peep catapult contest! The kids were broken up into groups and using only the following items, they had to create a catapult to launch a peep the farthest to win. 2 peeps, 10 rubber bands, 1 glue stick, 1 plastic spoon, 10 Popsicle sticks and a ruler for measuring.  Mrs. Palomarez sent the following note to us about Eli and Treyson...."I totally razzed Eli and Treyson. Their group couldn't figure out how to make a catapult. In fact, they were one of the last groups to figure it out. I walked over in the middle and said, "I think its HILARIOUS that the two most brilliant minds in 4th can't figure out how to make a catapult!! They took the razzing and turned it into the winning launcher. Lol. I said, You are very welcome!"



Eli and Treyson have been such a good pair together this year. They are the smartest 4th graders and what blows the teachers minds is not only are they the smartest, but they are very athletic and popular too! She says you never see that combination, but all the kids want to be around them and play with them and be in their group. They are loved by many. Hopefully they keep this up!

No comments: