Wednesday, May 15, 2013

MUFFINS FOR MOM EQUALS EMBARRASSING!

Now all you good moms, don't go gettin' your panties in a bunch, I am not embarrassed about an ugly make-up job or crappy manicure, it's more the things my amazing daughter said - not so much what she said, because I know the sweet way she intended them, but how I was perceived.

After Emma being in school for 6 years, this was my first Muffins for Moms invitation. I have always been sad that Emma never did one, but I was super excited to finally be able to go. I showed up 8 minutes late because I couldn't bring myself to leave the bootcamp because it was the intense part so shame on me. I am sorry to Emma that I showed up late, all the moms were watching a sweet video the teacher put together and they were all teary eyed, but not me, because I was late, in workout clothes and sweaty!

After the video each student read the essay out loud to the class. Then it was Emma's turn. Bless her heart, I love everything that she wrote and I knew exactly what she was meaning by them, but I am not sure everyone else did.

It talked about how I loving finding a good deal (so true), but that I only shop with coupons (not true), it said that I am a great runner and that I am perfect at working out (thank you Emma for the kind words, oops was it obvious to everyone that I showed up late because I was working out?! Then she mentioned how her mom loves her so much and that she cleans the studio and works the front desk to help pay for it (totally appreciate and love that she is grateful for my sacrifices, but my pride is in the way because now I am thinking everyone thinks I am a cheap person, but DANCE IS EXPENSIVE and I refuse to write how much my monthly bill is because it will cause Grandma and Grandpa to have a heart attack).

The last part is my favorite embarrassing part. I have never read 50 Shades of Grey, nor do I care if someone has, but Emma told everyone that "my mom is like 50 Shades of Grey" and that's when all the eyes in the room turned and looked at me...NO PEOPLE, I DID NOT READ IT AND I DID NOT DISCUSS IT WITH HER, SHE HAS NO IDEA WHAT THAT BOOK IS ABOUT SO TAKING YOUR JUDGE MENTAL EYES AND LAUGHS SOME WHERE ELSE! She did go on to list a bunch of very nice qualities she thinks I possess, but in the end tied it back up with "and that's why my mom is like 50 Shades of Grey."

I told this story to Jared and we were cracking up about it, he asked if I was going to explain to Emma what that book series was and I refuse to tell her because she was so proud of her essay and even commented to me how her essay got the most laughs (they were laughing at me, not with me, but that's ok my love, you did an amazing job) so I refuse to let her know and take the wind out of her sails. I do however want to blog this so that many years down the road when she reads this, we can laugh together at our muffins for moms experience :)

No comments: