I don't remember turning 10 and thinking it was so awesome because I was now double digits, but Emma was pretty excited about it so I am sure I was to back then. 10. I can't believe she is 10. I can't imagine my life without her, but at the same time it seems like she was just born.
This year for her birthday party she wanted it to be a Zumba Birthday party. We hired the sweetest gym Zumba instructor Shelly to come over and teach the girls how to Zumba. We got the girls all little belly dancing skirts as their party favor, we played some Dance Central Xbox Kinect, had a dessert table, dinner table and did some silly string. The party went by so fast we didn't even have time to open up presents, oops. Emma loved her party and that made the 12 hours the day before spent on her party all worth it :)
Zumba
Silly String
The next day we decided to eat dinner outside, the kids loved it and then we ended up singing Happy Birthday to Emma and doing candles and cake and a couple of gifts that night too!
The next day was Emma's actual birthday. My dad came and babysat the boys all day so I could go with Emma on her school field trip. We went to the zoo and I got to hang out with her, when we got off the bus she asked if she could hold my hand, I guess double digits doesn't make you to old for that, yes!
I wasn't allowed to bring treats this year since they were going to be gone all day on a field trip and then when they got back there wasn't going to be enough time, but I still wanted the kids to know it was her birthday so I got her a birthday sash to wear around all day. I heard her say to some friends, ""I can't even begin to imagine how much this sash cost!" I quick to pipe in, "well, imagine it cost a dollar, cause that's how much it was!"
Emma's little group I got to chaperone on the field trip (Kinslee, Elizabeth, Julia, Hannah, Emma, Brenna and Carolyn (we will talk about Carolyn later in another blog - don't like her!!)
I was naughty and brought sodas for our lunch, she liked it, I needed it, ha ha.
After school we took Emma out to Joe's BBQ for dinner and then she wanted to go to 2 hours of dance still that night (she missed the other 2) and then after dance we came home and she opened up the rest of her presents and found out that one of them is her favorite cousin of all time, Abby, is going to fly down in April and hang out with her, she jumped up and down for a while about that one! Happy Birthday Emma! We sure do love you!
This year for her birthday party she wanted it to be a Zumba Birthday party. We hired the sweetest gym Zumba instructor Shelly to come over and teach the girls how to Zumba. We got the girls all little belly dancing skirts as their party favor, we played some Dance Central Xbox Kinect, had a dessert table, dinner table and did some silly string. The party went by so fast we didn't even have time to open up presents, oops. Emma loved her party and that made the 12 hours the day before spent on her party all worth it :)
Zumba
Silly String
A little hula lesson
Food tablesThe next day we decided to eat dinner outside, the kids loved it and then we ended up singing Happy Birthday to Emma and doing candles and cake and a couple of gifts that night too!
The next day was Emma's actual birthday. My dad came and babysat the boys all day so I could go with Emma on her school field trip. We went to the zoo and I got to hang out with her, when we got off the bus she asked if she could hold my hand, I guess double digits doesn't make you to old for that, yes!
I wasn't allowed to bring treats this year since they were going to be gone all day on a field trip and then when they got back there wasn't going to be enough time, but I still wanted the kids to know it was her birthday so I got her a birthday sash to wear around all day. I heard her say to some friends, ""I can't even begin to imagine how much this sash cost!" I quick to pipe in, "well, imagine it cost a dollar, cause that's how much it was!"
Emma's little group I got to chaperone on the field trip (Kinslee, Elizabeth, Julia, Hannah, Emma, Brenna and Carolyn (we will talk about Carolyn later in another blog - don't like her!!)
I was naughty and brought sodas for our lunch, she liked it, I needed it, ha ha.
After school we took Emma out to Joe's BBQ for dinner and then she wanted to go to 2 hours of dance still that night (she missed the other 2) and then after dance we came home and she opened up the rest of her presents and found out that one of them is her favorite cousin of all time, Abby, is going to fly down in April and hang out with her, she jumped up and down for a while about that one! Happy Birthday Emma! We sure do love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment