Monday, July 25, 2011

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!

OK, I realize we live in Chandler and we have year round school, but seriously! the summer FLEW by! One minute I was decorating the door for the last day of school with the welcome home 4th grader sign and then I am making pancakes for the first day of school!? Where did all the time go in between?! I'm sad. We didn't even get to do our Summer Bucket List or anything, sheesh.
Emma had a great first day though. She got up, got her hair done the way she requested it, wore the new dress she wanted to wear, had on the crackle nail polish she wanted and was out the door. Stephanie and I went to the school like we do each year to make sure the girls found their line and everything was good and she was great. She was very polite to me, but I got the feeling I wasn't really needed. I told her I loved her and then turned around and left and I glanced back and she was all smiles surrounded by tons of friends and giving hugs to everyone. I am happy she is happy.Being the excellent parent I am, she only went to school for half day today. I pulled her out at 12:30pm to take her to dance, yes that is correct, she is missing school on the first day for dance. She was picked to be in a small group lyrical routine this year and they hired an outside choreographer to come in and teach the girls a brand new dance for this year and they are learning it today from 1pm until 7pm. She was excited for that as well. She was all smiles when I picked her up from school and went on and on about anything and everything from her most favorite lunchable to who she sat next to in school.She had a great day today and that makes me happy !

As a random side story: I just heard today that Eli cried yesterday in primary, I was hesitant to find out the reason because I didn't want to hear that he was a whiny baby for no good reason. Well, turns out he was crying because he was the only one not going starting school today. 2 of his little girlfriends (Kiki and Allie) put their arms around him and patted his shoulder and told him, "it's ok Bubbas, it takes a long time for you to be 4 and go to school!" It was enough to make him stop crying, but the story did make me cry. I knew this was going to be a hard year for him to stay home. Continuing on with my mother of the year awards (insert sarcasm) I have decided to take him out of primary next Sunday during class time. I know all the kiddos will be talking about how their first week was at school and I don't want him to be upset by it so he is going to come home and avoid the whole situation :)
ps - I am writing this little bit the day after I wrote the above story. Eli's teacher showed up this morning and surprised Eli with 2 cookies to make him feel better for not going to kindergarten this year, we love Sister McBurney!

2 comments:

Staceygirl said...

Hey Carol, I linked over from Lisa McB's blog. Hello! Kallie is in the same primary class, and she's not going to kindergarten, either. It is hard because they have to wait A WHOLE EXTRA YEAR. Bummer. I hope he feels better soon :)

Sara! said...

Can you do my hair everyday? Sheesh! She looks beautiful!!