Sunday, April 24, 2011

EASTER WEEKEND!

We had a great Easter weekend. It was packed full, but we loved it. Jared came into town Friday night around 10:30pm and me and him got to hang out for a couple of hours watching our shows and just spending time together. Its always nice when he comes home.
Saturday morning we got up and headed out to Eli's basketball game. He is so fun to watch. Whenever he gets the ball and gets ready to pass it, he fills up his cheeks with air and keeps his mouth shut - it looks like its full of water, but its just how he gets ready to pass. He is such a great defender and always has his hands up during the whole game trying to block his guy or else he is shouting, "I'm open, I'm open!" We love it!After the basketball game we headed over to Nate and Jenn's house for the Jensen Easter party. We did an Easter egg hunt...TysonTyler (I love how his eyes are closed in this pic, I just think it's cute!)...Maddy and Emma...Ava and Eli...Tyson and Nashers...Isaac and Eli...After the egg hunting ended, we headed off to the park for a scavenger hunt with clues all throughout the park, the kids loved racing around and reading all the clues...At the end of the hunt, there was a goody bag waiting for all the kids. They each got candy, water guns, silly string and much more. The silly string has become a fun little Easter tradition with the Jensens and everyone loves it! I think the girl in the yellow might have wrestled the girl in the pink down to the ground...and then perhaps everyone gathered around and sprayed her with silly string :)After that we had a water balloon toss and then headed back to Nate's house for a yummy Easter feast!(look I found a pic of Eli and his basketball passing face!)After the Jensen party we headed home and then Grandma Jensen came over and babysit while Jared and I got away for a little date night. We went shopping and out to dinner and really just enjoyed being with each other and walking around. When we got home we found a note that Emma had left for the Easter Bunny, "Dear Easter Bunny, I would really like an Easter dress! Sincerely, Emma (P.S. Can I call you EB?) Good thing EB came through and got her an Easter outfit!

After church the kids came home and found their Easter Baskets (minus Emma, she found her's before church). Emma loved her new Easter Sunday outfit, her new swim suit (she couldn't believe he got her something from Justice) and the boys loved their movies. Eli was so excited he got "TRON magazine (legacy)", Tyson loved getting his new swim "soup" and I think everyone was just overall thrilled with their loot.
After nap time we headed over to Regina's house for the traditional Rodgers Easter get together. We had dinner and then headed outside to find the 500 Easter eggs waiting for them...There was a "golden egg" hidden that had $5 in it and I told Emma what area to head to so she hurry and hauled butt, sadly she did not find it but better luck next year!Sydney helped Tyson reach the high eggs he couldn't getEli was funny, all the kids headed over to the green belt, rocks, cars, etc to find all the eggs and ran right past Regina's front yard, but Pa told Eli to stay there and grab all the eggs so he did but was sorta whiny that he was missing out on everything that everyone else was getting, best part was, Eli ended up with double the eggs of everyone else!Emma and her basket...Tyler and his basket...After the hunt, we always gather on Regina's lawn and empty our eggs out and put our candy into the baskets. Eli was concentrating really hard on getting his egg opened...Score! Fake gummy teeth!Tyler and Pa...Tyson and Daddy...I am sorry but food in your teeth never gets old! Right Mike?!Whatcha got there Tyson?!All in all, it was a fantastic weekend! One of the best weekends we have had with Jared in town. Half of the time when he has been home on the weekends, we have not been able to hang out because me and Em, would be gone at dance, or we would be so busy doing other things we never got to spend some good quality time together. This weekend we put everything aside and just did family things. It was a super fun Easter weekend!

2 comments:

Kara said...

That does sound like a great family/Easter weekend! 500 eggs, wow!! I think the girl in pink usually has way too much fun getting everyone else with silly string so she sorta deserved revenge from the girl in yellow! I actually felt very loved. <3 Elias is so cute in his bball uniform, I'm glad you could all go to his game... he is so fun to watch I am sure. We really enjoyed this weekend with you guys too! We will have to go swimmin soon at Mesquite pool so your kids can use their new swimsuits!

Thanks for all the pics!!

jenny said...

That is what I call a jam packed Easter weekend. For the record, my favorite is that photo with your lovely teeth :)