I am truly grateful for the amazing husband and kids that I have been blessed to have in my life. I am so glad they are stuck with me for time and all eternity!
Saturday, August 9, 2008
BABY BLESSING!
The baby blessing day finally arrived! The boys were 7 1/2 weeks old and we were excited to bless them this Sunday because it was our last Sunday in our ward before the big split so we were excited to share this with our ward who had supported us so much.
It was a beautiful day. We had 63 people come out and support our family on this very special occasion. Jared did an amazing job. I loved watching him standing there in his suit looking all dapper and holding each boy in his arms and giving them a kiss before and after their blessing (I am grateful to the 2nd counselor for pointing that out during his testimony to remind me what a great man I am married to). I even enjoyed watching the circle part down the middle after each blessing so he could have the infamous "Lion King" moment (holding each baby up for all to see). I do enjoy hearing everyone say "awhhh" when he holds them up and I let him know if he didn't hold them up good enough for everyone to enjoy that I would have to take them up to the podium with me while I bore my testimony - ha ha!
Tyler's blessing went great and I was really able this time to sit back and just focus on the words that Jared was saying. Then it became Tyson's turn. The first half of the blessing was great just like his brother's but before I could enjoy the second half I found myself quietly running down the aisle chasing Elias who found it most exciting that he could escape because every adult was quietly sitting with their eyes closed so no one was paying any attention to him. Thank heavens my mom and Kara were writing the blessing down otherwise I would have no idea what was said. After the blessing the Bishop had me stand up so everyone could see me, well that was easy to do, I was standing in the middle of the chapel holding Elias so I gave a quick "I cant believe I am standing here chasing my cute son down the aisle who I secretly want to beat right now" smile and went and sat back down on my bench.
After Sacrament we all headed back to our house for some food, folks and fun. Thank you to my parents and Jen Rodgers for watching my kids on Saturday so I could prepare everything, thank you to Caryn and Cade for helping with the kids on Sunday while we went to the meeting, thank you to Jared's mom for staying and cleaning up while we ran out to the meeting while there were still people in our house and thanks to my homo cousin Randi for making more pretzel desserts even though I told her not to and now I am stuck eating them all (when I say "stuck" I secretly mean enjoy).
I am truly grateful for the amazing husband and kids that I have been blessed to have in my life. I am so glad they are stuck with me for time and all eternity!
I am truly grateful for the amazing husband and kids that I have been blessed to have in my life. I am so glad they are stuck with me for time and all eternity!
26 comments:
Carol, your family looks so perfect. What a wonderful day for you. I love the little ties on the twins.
Great blog and wonderful tribute of your immediate and extended family. Instead of "stuck with me for time and all eternity" it is more BLESSED with you for time and eternity. In fact, we all are blessed with that prospect. Thank-you to all for a most memorable blessing day.
What a cute family picture! You are looking smokin hot too!! How do you drop your baby weight so fast? Its been a year and I am still HEAVY!
Hey thanks for the invite!
You rock my world girlfriend!! I wish you would let me do more for you!! And you DO have the perfect family...so jealous!!
Love ya,
Randi
p.s. we're runnin this week...right? :)
I have never heard you be sooooo serious - it was charming!! I am glad you like your hubby and kids 'cause they don't get much cuter:)
That family picture is adorable. Love the red accents.
I love the pictures of the boys all dressed up for their blessing day! They look so adorable and your family picture is absolutely darling. I seriously LOVE the red and how perfect you each look. You look stunning Carol Ann and I love how adorable Emma looks! Very beautiful family you have.
I also must add that I love Tyler and Tyson's tiny shoes. I love tiny shoes on babies:)
Ok so we didn't get the invite, I see how you are, we move out of the ward and then it is "Votaw who????" Nice food too ahh so sad we didn't get to partake....it all looks so yummy.....Ok fine you all looked awesome too, wish I could have seen you all in person. Although I am greatful for new ward map you delivered that night.
What a cute blog. Your family is darling. I wanted to thank you for the other night. Emma is such a good girl. Very polite. The best girl there:)
All I can say is what a cute family you all are!!!! I love that family photo!!!
I LOVE your family picture. Your twins are ADORABLE...and you look sooo great! Wish I was there to come over and help you out. I am sure you are busier than ever. Way to go with labor/delivery and SO glad to see they are doing well. Thanks for sharing.
What a great day!!! You are too cute! I LOVE your new picture. Such an adorable family you have. And I LOL'ed through this post...only because I have been in those moments before many times back in the crazy baby/toddler = hands full days. You're a great Mom with a great sense of humor, that will keep you sane!
you look beautiful! and your family is so cute! i'm glad you had a wonderful blessing day!
What a gorgeous family you are! I love your family picture, you all match so adorably.
It was nice staying in the mother's lounge all during testimonies so I could actually hear them instead of chasing my own kids around (and yes, Chris was super happy about that). I enjoyed your testimony very much and I too loved what your second counselor said about Jared... and I thought, oh, thats so Jared, too! If he only knew how MUCH Jared likes to kiss babies and squish their little cheeks with his face. I remember when Cameron was a baby, he was always giving him loves too. :) That always made me so happy that he loved Cameron so much... and now he loves his own little babies so much! Thanks for sharing and for the awesome lunch!!
Carol-Yes you are the prettiest girl ever! I love the pictures of the boys and your family pic looks so freaking cute!!! Love it!!
Very cute family picture! The boys are so cute, and big too! I loved the chubby swimming pictures of them. Where did you find their tiny ties? I loved that!
Okay I changed my mind. I know I am having my own boy, but I still want one of yours! They are so dang cute! Looks like it was a wonderful blessing. I love the picture of your family at the end. You are one of those pretty moms! Way to go!
-nat
um...should I not ask about the bread?
Congrats! Your family pic is so cute. Your babies are so adorable!!! =)
Okay, that is the cutest family picture! I love the red. What a special day, and what an amazing husband you have. Oh, and what an amazing woman you are!
Pretty Carol, I'm jealous of a well dressed family picture. In the picture of the two of them together, Tyson (I think, he's the one on the right of the picture) is doing such a "nervous Emma" look. So cute! They're already starting to change! Okay, I need to call you and come and hang out/take Elias off your hands.
you are too funny. i love your stories. you guys all looked so cute in your matching outfit :) really, super cute! and yummy food too :)
Hey, adorable family picture! and I love the picture of the dude with two camera's but sorry to say that will be jeremy on kate's first day of school.
Post a Comment